Learning natural ways of health and healing is one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself and your well-being. Ayurveda offers natural principles to improve the quality of your health, and in turn the quality of your life. You can easily practise these Ayurvedic principles to keep your body and mind balanced, and address issues such as stress, pain, fatigue and overweight.
VitalVeda classes and workshops are designed to give you the basic know-how to maintain your health and prevent disease. They are fun, interactive and a great way to connect with like-minded people. Come and join us in exploring the world of Ayurveda!
• What’s your body type? Ayurveda’s foundations
Getting started with a healthy lifestyle begins with understanding what your body type is. Ayurveda explains how each one of us has a different body type, or constitution, with different needs. Identifying your body type enables you to choose the food, exercise and lifestyle that is right for you, helping you to be aligned with your own nature.
Workshop overview and what you will learn
Some people find it really easy to get by on just one main meal a day or on just six hours of sleep a night. Others, however, would find this extremely difficult and need a very different personal routine to thrive. In this Ayurveda workshop, you can find out what are the constitutions that make us different from each other, and how to “get your right size” when it comes to choosing your diet and lifestyle.
In this workshop you will learn the following:
- What are the three vital principles and how they make up our constitution types
- How many body types there are and what are their characteristics
- How you can recognise and understand your own specific body type
- Simple food and lifestyle remedies for your personal body constitution
• Women’s Health and Ayurveda
Ayurveda offers a wide repertoire of tools and remedies for women to cultivate their health and help them live with vitality and inspiration. Part of this cultivation process is understanding the role of hormones at different times in a woman’s life. This knowledge is key for women to navigate the monthly time cycles and create a hormonal balance that supports the needs of women’s bodies and minds throughout life.
Women’s Health and Ayurveda
The focus of this workshop is on giving you an understanding of the natural principles that govern women’s health and hormones. With it, we explore how as a woman you can integrate healthy ways of living and looking after yourself into your daily schedule. This will help you find emotional stability, stay fit and lose weight, if you need to, and experience serenity and peace of mind.
Highlights of what you will learn include:
- The roles and functions of the vital elements and hormones in the daily and seasonal cycles
- How to identify and avoid causes of ill-health to improve your strength and immunity
- The importance of the monthly female cycle and routines to restore its balance
- Herbal remedies and beauty tips to heal and rejuvenate your body systems
• Vegetarian Ayurvedic Cooking
According to Ayurveda, food is the first pillar for building healthy body tissues. Home-cooked foods are considered essential to give you the nourishment you need to support healthy physical and mental functions. In addition, cooking according to your body type and the season, place and time ensures that you get the nutrients you specifically require. Cooking is both an art and a science in Ayurveda, as well as a powerful tool for creating health and healing disease.
Vegetarian Ayurvedic Cooking
This workshop combines practical “hands on” vegetarian cooking with discussions on the properties and effects of different foods. Back at home this helps you not only to cook delicious, healthy dishes, but also to select the best type of foods for your individual needs. We will prepare various easy-to-make dishes, and discuss healthy menus for your everyday eating. The recipes are nutritious and delicious for every taste.
In this workshop we will cover:
- How to make typical Ayurvedic meals with whole grains, beans and pulses.
- Cooking different vegetables dishes with seasonal produce, and learning how to make chappatis.
- The healing properties of spices and herbs and how to use them in your kitchen.
- How to make ghee, healthy chutneys, dressings and desserts
- And last but not least, you will enjoy a delicious meal at the end of the day!
• Bhakti yoga for the soul
The practice of Bhakti yoga doesn’t involve the performance of asana postures, unlike other popular types of yoga. In Bhakti yoga the practitioner is concerned with developing consciousness. This form of yoga recognises that the body and mind are but a vehicle to achieve a higher purpose in life. It therefore promotes the development of the self in union with the divine to achieve true happiness and fulfilment.
Bhakti yoga for the soul
These classes give you an insight into the philosophies of Bhakti as presented in the popular text known as the Bhagavad Gita. This classical presentation of Vedic knowledge explores many key themes in life such as our true nature, the environment, consciousness and the divine. It gives an understanding that is deeply enriching and helps you live with inner peace and vitality.
The particular topic you will learn in these classes will be selected at the time.